Step One


"Diminish and Ascend" by David McCracken, Bondi, Australia

Step 1. I Am Without Knowledge Now.


There must be a starting point at any juncture of development. You must start from where you are, not from where you want to be. You start here in the understanding that you are without Knowledge. That is not to say that Knowledge is not with you. It is simply to say that you are not with Knowledge. Knowledge is waiting for you to proceed. Knowledge is waiting to give itself to you. Therefore, you are beginning now to prepare to be in relationship with Knowledge, the greater aspect of mind that you have brought with you from your Ancient Home.

Three times today spend 10 minutes thinking about what Knowledge is, not merely applying your own ideas, not merely applying your past understanding, but thinking about what Knowledge really is.

Practice 1:
 
Three 10-minute practice periods.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

I highly recommend reading Taking the Steps to Knowledge if this is your first encounter with this spiritual practice. This text was revealed to Marshall Vian Summers on April 21, 2000 in Boulder, Colorado and sheds some light on what is implied by the word Knowledge with a capital K.

This is my second time to work through Steps to Knowledge. Here in this journal, I will first share my notes from the first time I did Steps (Round One), followed by my insights the second time (Round Two).

November 6, 2012 Round One: Knowledge is remembering who I am, remembering my True Self.

June 25, 2014 Round Two: I am back at the beginning again and I really do feel as though I am without Knowledge now. Not that I have not gained anything from going through the Steps the first time. On the contrary, my life has taken on a new and, might I add, mysterious quality that is beyond words. However, I do feel as though I have only scratched the surface. I am back at a certain starting point. I would like to feel this starting point is further along the road, further up the mountain, than the one I started from over a year-and-a-half ago, but I cannot say that for sure.

The advantage I have this time is that I know Knowledge is with me, even if I feel I am without Knowledge now. Knowledge is nevertheless there, waiting for me to proceed. So here goes.

First practice – Knowledge is a deep, bottomless well, it is unfathomable, it goes on forever, it is still, but it can be plumbed and drawn on for inspiration and guidance. It is the heart of God, it is from God, it is from the Source of the Universe, it is eternal, omnipresent and omniscient. It contains all there is to know.

Second practice – Knowledge is the memory of all that has occurred since the beginning of time. It is the memory of my Ancient Home, the memory of where I came from into this world, the memory of why I came and what my mission is this time, the memory of what I have always known but now forgotten. (I felt a heaviness this afternoon, I took a nap and had difficulty waking up, as though something were pressing down on me, perhaps the weather – rain and sun, thunder, dark clouds – perhaps the influence of the mental environment.)

Third practice – Knowledge is the greater aspect of my mind I have brought with me from my Ancient Home. This is so hard to fathom, although I understand it theoretically, but it is another matter experiencing it. I feel I have not really mastered the practice of Stillness yet, clearing my mind totally of all extraneous thoughts, of all thoughts entirely, to leave a blank place for Knowledge to arise. Knowledge is the core, my True Self, it contains the eternal Truth of the Universe.

I can go deeper than the place where I always saw what I called my Teachers. I can walk through the illuminated caverns of my mind, those bright sandy-colored caves. I have cleared that space and passed on to a deeper, more intense place where it feels so different, it feels so sacred, so deep, so profound. The Light of God is there, the Presence of my Teachers is there, but I do not see them, they have no cloaks, no subterfuge, no appearance.  I can only feel them if I open my heart to this. Knowledge is a vast open space, but it is filled with all the things that are vital and meaningful.

June 16, 2018 (16.06.2018) Round Three: Today I am beginning the core Steps to Knowledge for the third time. I considered finding a study partner this time, but I discarded that thought. I prefer studying alone. Perhaps this is not in harmony with the emphasis the New Message places on relationship and our ability (or rather inability) to accomplish anything alone, but I am a loner and do not need company to feel accomplished. I am working on my arrogance in this respect, but I’m not there yet.

I like that this date is all even numbers. I like that on this day last year I became the owner of a plot of land.

This Step asks us to contemplate “What is Knowledge?” We are asked to contemplate this question three times for 10 minutes during the day.

I did the first 10-min practice sitting on the bench by the birch tree in my garden from 4.12-4.22. I sat with open eyes.

What is Knowledge?

Knowledge is the golden thread running through my life.
Knowledge is the inner knowing that guides me and prompts me to act and make certain decisions.
Knowledge is my salvation.
Knowledge is my friend.
Knowledge loves me and has my best interests at heart.
Knowledge never lets me down.
Knowledge is that deep current of knowing all is right in my life.
Knowledge is that constant current of certainty that flows regardless of outer circumstances.
Knowledge is my anchor in reality.
Knowledge is the bridge from my Ancient Home.

I did the second 10-min practice lying in the sun in a beautiful meadow in the forest near the river after going for a dip. (10.30 - 10.40)

Knowledge is the be-all and end-all.
Knowledge is the fire within.
Knowledge is the most important thing in my life.

Third 10-min practice - evening (19.00-19.10), out in the garden enjoying the evening sunshine after watering all the plants and having tea. Volodya’s loud voice disturbed me, he was talking to Sasha not far away.

Knowledge is power.

I have a much better idea of what Knowledge is this time around. I cannot say that I am without Knowledge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen