Step One Hundred and Nine



Step 109. I Will Not Be In A Hurry Today.
Today take each step gracefully. Do not be in a hurry. You need not be in a hurry because you are with Knowledge. You may keep your appointments in the world and keep them on schedule, but within yourself do not be in a hurry. You may seek Knowledge, fulfillment and contribution, but do not be in a hurry. When you are in a hurry, you are neglecting your current step for steps you find more preferable, and how can steps be more preferable except when you are ignoring the step in front of you? You need only take the step in front of you, and the next step will arise naturally. Do not be in a hurry. You cannot go faster than you can go. Do not miss all that we are giving you to practice, which will require that you not be in a hurry.
Throughout the day today remind yourself upon the hour not to be in a hurry. Say to yourself, “I will not be in a hurry today,” and think a moment upon this. You may meet your worldly responsibilities without being in a hurry. You may meet your greater goals without being in a hurry. Take comfort in the fact that you are a beginning student, for beginning students do not know where they are going because they are in a position to receive, not to govern. This is a great blessing for you now and will give you the power in time to govern your mind and your affairs with Knowledge. You will be a kind ruler who will not condemn error and will not punish sinners, as you now imagine God to do.
Knowledge is not in a hurry. Why should you be? Knowledge may move you quickly or slowly. You may then move quickly or slowly, but within yourself you are not in a hurry. This is part of the mystery of life which you can now learn to discover.
Practice 109: Hourly practice.
Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

April 5, 2013 Round One: I am not a procrastinator by nature and don’t think I ever will be. My motto has always been “don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today,” so at first glance this Step seems to address a particular problem of mine—learning to take my time. However, I think there may be a difference between hurrying and not procrastinating. Hurrying creates a sense of inner turmoil, when I do not feel calm and in control, it creates chaos, stress, and an unproductive use of energy, whereas not procrastinating creates a sense of order in my life, a feeling of self-discipline. What I am becoming very aware of as I practice this Step is that even although I may be inwardly driven to “get things done,” the rest of the Universe does not operate that way. The Universe and Knowledge have a different time plan, one I cannot know immediately or see, so I just have to be patient. Today I am learning patience and the wisdom of allowing things to unfold naturally at the right time.

November 9, 2014 Round Two: This is a good day to practice this Step. And it is good to keep reminding myself every hour that I will not be in a hurry today. I have a lot to do and feel like I am being pulled in several directions at once. But I keep reminding myself that I will not be in a hurry today and am just taking each step as it comes. I am doing the next thing as it naturally arises.

I did not do all I had planned, but I did do the things that enhanced my life. I am finding that my professional work is less of a priority, while doing my Steps practice and other tasks associated with the New Message are vital. I am drawn naturally to do them.

I took an extra day to do this Step, because I did not want to hurry amidst the other tasks occupying me. It feels good when I remain a calm island and do not allow myself to be pulled in different directions, into the chaos that I see around me.

I will not hurry today, I will savor each task, each moment, and be pleased with what I do.


October 18, 2018 Round Three: This is a good day for not hurrying. It may be the last full day I have before Sasha returns, so I want to savor it and bask in the calm and quietude I am enjoying. I will not be in a hurry today because there is nowhere to hurry. I am a little tired from getting up in the night to attend the Translators’ Meeting, but it was worth it and I am glad I made the effort. It was good to see the translators in attendance and put a face to names. Amina was there, and Kristina. They mentioned me. Mathieu listed all the translators online and how long they had been translating. I want to take it easy today and remember on the hour as best I can to tell myself not to be in a hurry today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen