Step One Hundred and Twenty-Six


Step 126. Review
Today’s review will concentrate upon the past week of training. It will emphasize once again that you are learning to learn. You are learning to understand how you learn. You are learning to understand your strengths and your weaknesses. You are learning to understand your predispositions—those qualities in yourself that you must cultivate and those qualities which you must arrest and bring under conscious control. You are learning to be observant of yourself. Thus, you are learning at last to be objective with yourself. This objectivity is especially important, for it allows you to utilize that which is there to serve you without your condemnation. In this way, your service to yourself becomes immediate and effective.

If you can learn to be objective with yourself, you can learn to be objective with the world. This will allow Knowledge to shine through you, for you will not be attempting to make the world into what you wish it to be, and you will not be attempting to make yourself into what you wish yourself to be. This is the beginning of true resolution and true happiness, but even greater than this, it is the beginning of genuine contribution.

In your one long practice period today review the past week, keeping these things in mind. Strengthen your experience of Knowledge today by supporting its outward manifestations and doubt not the power of this preparation to bring you to Knowledge itself.

Practice 126:
 
One long practice period.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

April 27, 2013 Round One: I embrace the recommendation in this review to be observant of myself and objective with myself, since I recognize this to be productive and of value and see how it enhances my service to myself. I am also encouraged by the words "This is the beginning of true resolution and true happiness." However, I am still having trouble with my ability to make a “genuine contribution.” This is a difficult concept to grasp and I have my doubts, but then again I am a beginning student and only beginning to learn to understand how I learn, learning my strengths and weaknesses and my predispositions, so I will continue to step forward in the certainty that more shall be revealed. And I realize after this review that I do indeed doubt not the power of this preparation to bring me to Knowledge itself.


November 26, 2014 Round Two: My ability to learn is growing, I am becoming ever more dedicated and consistent. I am gaining greater understanding about certain concepts that had me baffled before. The light is dawning, clarity is growing, and I am gaining new consciousness. And it is all based on experience, not analytical deductions, critical thinking, or theorizing. I am learning through experience, not through analysis. The contents of my deeper mind are percolating to the surface. It feels as though my ancient memory is returning.


November 4, 2018 Round Three: The main focus of this review is on being objective with myself, seeing my strengths and weaknesses and how to deal with them. I have been doing this for a long time. The emphasis is on being self-observant and being objective with myself and with the world. The past week of Steps have been all about objectivity (I am seeing the connection between the week’s Steps and the focus of the review) - not pretending I am someone I am not, not pretending to be happy, not pitying myself, giving qualities I wish for myself to others, and remembering my Knowledge. Without pretense, self-aggrandizement or self-deprecation, I can allow Knowledge to shine out into the world and I can be a force for good in the world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve