Step One Hundred and Fifty-Seven


Step 157. I Am Not Alone In The Universe.
You are not alone in the universe because you are part of the universe. You are not alone in the universe because your mind is joined with all minds. You are not alone in the universe because the universe is with you. You are now learning to be with the universe so that your relationship with life may be fully reclaimed and so that it may express itself in your world. The world sets a poor example for this, for humanity has lost its relationship with life and now seeks desperately within the realms of imagination and fantasy to find that which has been lost. Be happy today, then, that the means for life’s reclamation have been given to you so that you may give yourself to your practice and to your destiny. In this way, you are affirmed. You are not alone in the universe. The depth of this idea is far greater than what it appears to be at first. It is a statement of absolute truth, but it must be experienced to be comprehended.

Therefore, upon the hour remind yourself of this statement. Attempt to feel it in whatever circumstance you find yourself. In your two longer meditation practices, attempt to experience your complete inclusion in life. You need not think of ideas or see images, but only feel the presence of life of which you are a part. You are within life. You are immersed in life. Life is embracing you. Beyond any images the world may present, beyond any actions the world may demonstrate, you are within the loving embrace of life.

Practice 157:
 Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/


Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

June 14, 2013 Round One: This joining of minds is very real for me, I feel my connection and inclusion in life. It seems I have always felt it at some level, but now it is conscious, it is real and tangible, I can feel it with my mind, at the level of the deeper mind. It is easy to forget, it is easy to doubt, it is easy to lose a conscious connection, but since I have begun practicing Steps, I am learning to hold onto this connection and become more consciously and deeply aware of my inclusion in life, of the fact I am not alone, of the universe being with me. It is beautiful to feel how life embraces me, not only embraces me, but lovingly embraces me, and I am part of the whole.

December 31, 2014 Round Two:  I am not alone in the universe. I know this and embrace this. On the first day of 2015, I join my mind with all minds and feel the powerful force of this truth.

In the early hours of the New Year in Moscow, just as it was getting light, I opened Secrets of Heaven to p. 88 and read: 
“It is essential that the world undergo its transition into the Greater Community. It is the end of childhood, and with it many things will pass. Do not be concerned with complete destruction, for that is not the way of things. Be concerned instead with supporting the world through this state of transition.”
And I randomly opened Greater Community Spirituality to Chapter 18. What is Human Destiny? 
“Destiny will utterly change your life. You have come to serve a world in transition. It will feel like a whole new age is starting, but it is simply because an old age is dying. A world in transition needs great ingenuity and courage, which will emanate from Knowledge within you.”

December 5, 2018 Round Three: I am not alone in the universe because my mind is joined with all minds. I am in relationship with the universe, so my relationship with life can be fully reclaimed and expressed in my world. I am within life, I am immersed in life, life is embracing me, lovingly embracing me. I am happy that I can reclaim life and so give myself to my practice and destiny. I get that I am not alone in the universe, that my mind is joined with all minds and I can experience that joining while I am in the world. I am to experience my complete inclusion in life during meditation. I was thinking again today (as during the first round) that I have always been aware (although not always consciously) of my connection with the entire universe. I have never felt alone, for I am not alone. Even when physically alone (as I am now), the universe is with me, I am part of the whole. This is my experience in the world.

Meditation - 4.58 - 5.18. Not quite 20 minutes, but it was enough. I so love the mornings of quiet solitude when I give myself to my practice, journaling, sharing Steps on social media, doing Lumosity, drinking tea, eating fruit. I love this time best when I am alone, with no distractions. This is when I embrace my time to myself and my connection with the universe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen