Step One Hundred and Fifty-Two


Niagara Falls (I will not fear the turbulence of the world)

Step 152. I Will Not Follow Fear Within The World.
Humanity is governed by waves of fear that draw people here and there, waves of fear that dominate their actions, their thinking, their conclusions, their beliefs and their assumptions. Do not follow the waves of fear that move across the world. Instead, remain steadfast and still in Knowledge. Allow yourself to observe the world from this point of stillness and certainty. Do not be swayed by the waves of fear. In this way, you will be able to contribute to the world and not be its victim only. You are here to give, not to judge, and in stillness you are without judgment upon the world. Recognize, then, the waves of fear, but do not let them touch you, for in Knowledge they cannot touch you because Knowledge is beyond all fear.

Repeat your idea for the day upon the hour, and consider it in light of all that you experience today. In your two longer practice periods, apply your mind actively in attempting to understand today’s lesson. Again, this is a form of mental application. We shall not practice stillness and mental silence today but mental application so that you may learn to think constructively. For when your mind is not still, it should be thinking constructively. It should be investigating. Do not rely upon early conclusions. Do not rely upon self-comforting ideas. Allow yourself to be vulnerable today, for you are only vulnerable to Knowledge. Yet, Knowledge will shield you from all things of harm within this world and will provide a comfort and a stability that the world can never change. Learn of this today so that you may be a source of Knowledge within the world so that your Source may express itself through you.

Practice 152: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

June 6, 2013 Round One: As I travel across the world today, I will not be governed by waves of fear. I do not know what awaits me, but Knowledge is with me and there is nothing to fear. Today I remain steadfast and still in Knowledge. (This is in reference to the day I traveled back to the States (June 6, 2013) to see family [the first time in ten years]. It was initiated by a need to see my daughter Claire and it expanded into visits to other family members. It turned out to be the last time I saw my father and was able to have a healing, quality reconnection with him.)

December 24, 2014 Round Two: When I revisited the Free School forum yesterday, I saw a comment by another NM student that spoke so clearly and perfectly to me today as I do this step for the second time. He wrote, “I was reminded in practicing this Step also of a similar Step about not avoiding conflict in my life. ‘Do not postpone anything that must be done today. Do not avoid conflict today. Do not call conflict by another name. Do not think that you are unable to face it, see what it needs in listening and observation and respond from Knowledge. A resolution may be seen or found through communicating. Often a resolution can be found by listening to the other side and seeing what they are really communicating as their true needs. Perhaps a compromise is needed. Perhaps not, but with Knowledge and discernment, resolution will naturally be found'.” 

I do feel I have gained a stronger foundation in myself and am in a place where the waves of fear that roll over the world do not envelope me and do not draw me to follow. I can look upon the world from a place of stillness and calm, confident that Knowledge is my guide and I am no longer buffeted by outside influences that can be detrimental to my well-being.

Today is Christmas, a time of introspection, a time of love and giving, when hopefully the strife that inflicts the world abates for a while. But Christmas is more than this. I read in “The Meaning of Christmas,” a revelation received by Marshall Vian Summers:

"Christmas represents the emergence of Knowledge in the individual. 

. . . . 

"Your promise, then, is to become a man or a woman of Knowledge—a vehicle for Knowledge; a person through which Knowledge can speak, act and move; a bringer of Grace, but also a person of action who can effect change, but with a greater spirit; who can speak the truth, but with a greater authority; who can reveal error, but with a greater compassion. Only Knowledge within you can do this because it is the source of these great expressions.

"This is your Christmas now. It is not simply a commemorative holiday. It is not simply a remembrance of Jesus. It is not simply a remembrance of family and friends. It is not simply a time to give gifts and to be giving for a few days out of the year. Though it may include all of these things, the meaning of Christmas is greater. Let it be greater for you. Let it be a time, then, that you remember that you have a greater purpose in the world and that you have been sent into the world to reclaim this purpose—to accept it, to experience it and to follow it so that it may be contributed."

November 30, 2018 Round Three: I am not to be governed by the waves of fear that sweep the world, for Knowledge protects me from them. Again the meditation time is to be used in investigation and using my mind to think constructively. I am to be a source of Knowledge within the world so that my Source can express itself through me. This is why I baulk when Sasha follows fear in the world, for I know it serves no purpose. I am protected, by family is protected. I have always known this, but now I am consciously aware of it.

No meditation so far because I was distracted, but I feel get this Step and am not open to the waves of fear in the world. I live in my own oasis protected by my Spiritual Family and Knowledge.
Yesterday I was able to find a woodpecker and take more pictures. What goes around comes around. It was a flashback to last year - a lovely walk and picture taking to capture the moments.
I am enjoying my solitude while Sasha is gone. It is brief this time, he will be back tomorrow. But I cherish every moment and love my life.
Meditation - 13.49-14.19 - dozed off a little but kept at it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen