Step One Hundred and Seventy-Six

Angel is driving to Boulder, CO for the Encampment (October 2014)

Step 176. I Will Follow Knowledge Today.
Upon each hour of this day experience yourself following Knowledge. Make small decisions about small things as it is necessary, but make no great decisions without Knowledge. You have a personal mind to make small, insignificant decisions. But greater decisions should be made with Knowledge.

Follow Knowledge today upon the hour. Allow its peace and its certainty to abide with you. Allow its overall direction to be discerned by you. Allow its potency to affect you. Allow it to give itself to you as you are now learning to give yourself to it.


In your two longer meditation practices today, using the word RAHN, enter deeply into Knowledge. Enter deeply into the presence of life. Enter deeply into this experience. Continue to direct your mind towards this accomplishment. Continue to set aside anything that affects you or holds you back. In this way, you train the mind and prepare it as well for that which is most natural to it to occur.


Follow Knowledge this day. If Knowledge indicates something and you are very certain about this, follow it and be observant. See what happens and try to learn to distinguish Knowledge from your impulses, your wishes, your fears and your avoidances. This must be learned through experience. In this way, Knowledge and everything that pretends to be Knowledge are drawn apart in contrast. This will provide for you greater certainty and greater self-confidence, which you will need in the times to come.

Practice 176:
 Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

July 22, 2013 Round One: I wish to learn to distinguish Knowledge from my impulses, wishes, fears and avoidances and be certain when it is Knowledge that is guiding me. It is so easy to fall into a trap of my own contrivance, thinking that what I have construed in my mind is coming from Knowledge, when it is not, it is coming from my small mind. It does indeed take experience to distinguish one from the other and I am trying to be attentive to the signs and follow what it says about Knowledge:

“Allow its peace and its certainty to abide with you. Allow its overall direction to be discerned by you. Allow its potency to affect you.”

I do have experiences when things just fall together almost effortlessly, when things feel just right and I have that deep sense of knowing that I am doing the right thing. Still it is easy to doubt and it certainly takes practice to distinguish the great from the small. I have no doubts, however, that when I do go astray, Knowledge will correct my path and lead me home.

January 23, 2015 Round Two: This continues to be very pertinent for me today. I am still learning to distinguish Knowledge from my impulses, desires, fears and avoidances. I am still learning to recognize when it is Knowledge speaking to me and when it is my personal mind having its say. The words, “If Knowledge indicates something and you are very certain about this, follow it and be observant,” speak to me. I am understanding that I need to be patient, observant, and discerning, allow Knowledge to speak to me as it will and not rush ahead with my own decisions and conclusions. I need to wait and see.

December 24, 2018 Round Three: I continue to follow Knowledge and feel I am better distinguishing Knowledge from what comes from my small mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen