Step One Hundred and Seventy-Three


Step 173. Today I Will Do What Is Necessary.
Doing what is necessary will engage you with vitality in life, for life in the world, in all its forms, is engaged in what is necessary. This at first seems oppressive to human beings, for they are accustomed to living in fantasy, where everything is preferential and nothing is really necessary.

Yet, it is when something is really necessary in life, even if it is a dire circumstance, that people are able to liberate themselves momentarily from their fantasies and feel purpose, meaning and direction. This, then, is a gift to humanity, but people usually give themselves this gift only under dire circumstances.

It is under happier circumstances that you must now learn to receive this and welcome necessity as a saving grace in your life, for you wish to be needed, you wish to be included, you wish to be vital and you wish to be an essential part of community. This is all necessary. It is not merely a preference on your part. It cannot be born of a casual choice but of a deep conviction, for your greater giving must be born of a deep conviction if it is to be great and complete. Otherwise, at the sight of the first adversity or disappointment, you will be cast away and will withdraw back into fantasy and illusion.

Welcome, then, the necessities of this day. Do small tasks without complaint, for they are small. Follow your procedure today in preparation, for it is necessary and it is great. Do not confuse the great and the small, for the small is only to express the great. Do not try to make the small great or the great small. Understand their true relationship with one another, for within you is both the great and the small. Within you, the great wishes to express itself through the small.

Therefore, carry out your mundane activities today. Do what is necessary today. Remind yourself upon the hour of our idea for today, and give yourself to your practice so that your day may be a day of giving and receiving. In your deeper meditation practices, enter into stillness using the word RAHN to take you deep into meditation. Do this because it is necessary. Do this with necessity and you will feel the power of your own will.

Practice 173:
 
Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

July 17, 2013 Round One: "welcome necessity as a saving grace in your life."

This so resonates with me today. I see the necessity for doing the things I need to do, I feel the necessity, and experience immense joy in doing the things that are necessary in my life today. This is my guide to action today, what leads me forward in my reclamation of Knowledge. And it is not my preferences that are uppermost in my mind, but my deep conviction that this is the right thing to do, and in so doing what is necessary becomes my preference.

January 19, 2015 Round Two: The most necessary thing is being in the flow of life. Then everything sparkles and everything has purpose, meaning and direction. I do not need to force or push, fret or worry, I just need to give myself up to the flow of life and then everything falls naturally into place. I always have the time and desire to do all that is necessary.

Today was one of those days that flowed. I did all my small tasks effortlessly and relaxedly. I even managed a longer walk in the woods than usual when I was not expecting to get out at all. I am very contented with life these days.
December 21, 2018 Round Three: This leads on from yesterday’s Step, where necessity is used 14 times. Necessary is used 6 times in this Step. It is a necessity to reclaim Knowledge and today I will do what is necessary - the main thing being to follow my procedure today in my preparation and give myself to my practice so that my day will be a day of giving and receiving. I do my meditation and use RAHN to take me deeper because it is necessary. I do what I need to do for the New Message regardless of what other work I have. I am happy to have necessary things to do, for this brings my life into balance and harmony and when that is so I am in a better position to reclaim Knowledge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen