Step One Hundred and Ninety-Nine


Step 199. The World I See Is Emerging Into The Greater Community Of Worlds.
Without the limitation of a purely human viewpoint, you will be able to see the evolution of your world in a greater context. Viewing the world without the distortion of your personal wishes and fears, you will be able to observe its greater movement and discern its overall direction. It is essential, then, that you realize the direction of your world because this is the context that gives meaning to your purpose and to your specific calling while you are here in this world. For you have come to serve the world in its present evolution, and your gifts are meant to serve it in its life to come.

Your world is preparing to enter into a Greater Community. The evidence of this is everywhere if you but look. Without belief or denial, things can simply be recognized. In this, life’s demonstration is obvious and need not be discerned from complexities. What makes life complex is that people want life to be what life is not, they want themselves to be what they are not and they want their destiny to be what it is not. Then they attempt to gain from life that which confirms their own idealism, and because life cannot confirm this, all becomes distressed, conflicted and complex. The mechanism of life may be complicated in its minute details, but the meaning of life is directly obvious to anyone who looks without the distortion of judgment or preference.

Recognize that your world is preparing to emerge into the Greater Community. Do this without embellishing this recognition with your own imagination. You need not give form to the future. Only understand the present course of your world. In this, the meaning of your own inherent abilities and their future application will become ever more evident to you.

Upon the hour repeat this statement and consider it seriously, for it is the absolute foundation of your life and it is necessary that you understand this. It is not mere belief; it is the evolution of the world. Within your two deeper meditation practices today, engage your mind actively in considering this idea. Look at your own beliefs that speak for or against this idea. Look at your own feelings about it. Examine yourself objectively as you attempt to engage with this powerful idea. This is a time for mental engagement. Utilize your practice periods with complete dedication and involve yourself completely. Allow your mind to penetrate the superficiality of its own surface ideas.

In Knowledge everything becomes still and quiet. Everything becomes known. Here you begin to discern the difference between knowing and thinking. You realize how thinking may only serve in the preparation for Knowledge, but that Knowledge far exceeds the range and grasp of any individual’s thinking. Here you will understand how the mind can serve your spiritual nature. Here you will understand the evolution of the world.

Practice 199:
 Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.
Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.
October 3, 2013 Round One: I find this phrase “the limitation of a purely human viewpoint” to be very interesting. I am trying to figure this out, and what I come up with is that a human viewpoint is distorted by emotions, personal ideas, notions, personal desires, wishes, and fears, so I have to get beyond the human? That boggles the mind, but then this whole Step is pretty mind-boggling.

However, I am able to recognize that the world is preparing to enter into a Greater Community, it has no other choice, as far as I can see (which may not be far, but nevertheless).

And I recognize that I may be complicating things with my erroneous outlook – wanting life to be what it is not. This couple of sentences bring me up short.

“What makes life complex is that people want life to be what life is not, they want themselves to be what they are not and they want their destiny to be what it is not. Then they attempt to gain from life that which confirms their own idealism, and because life cannot confirm this, all becomes distressed, conflicted and complex.”

So let go of all preconceived notions and I may gain a glimpse of the truth? I am willing to try. 

I seek Knowledge, for “Knowledge far exceeds the range and grasp of any individual’s thinking.” I enter stillness to understand how the mind can serve my spiritual nature, to understand the evolution of the world.

February 17, 2015 Round Two: A very powerful Step. A giant of a Step. This time I understand “the limitation of the purely human viewpoint” to be referring to our viewpoint in Separation. I did not really understand the concept of Separation the first time I did Steps, but now I do.

Again this sentence stands out for me, “What makes life complex is that people want life to be what life is not, they want themselves to be what they are not and they want their destiny to be what it is not.” I do not want this complexity, I want life to be what it is, I want to be who I am, and I want my destiny to be what it is. It is nothing grandiose, nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary. I have no illusions of grandeur, no expectations or fantastical anticipations. I am content with where I am, who I am, and how my life is here and now.

January 22, 2019 Round Three:  I understand how I need to free myself from the limitation of my purely human viewpoint to be able to see the evolution of the world in a greater context. Without belief or denial, things can be recognized. I understand this, and this is what I am doing. We make life complicated by wanting it to be what it is not, by wanting ourselves to be what we are not and wanting our destiny to be what it is not. I accept things the way they are and look at the world without the distortion of judgment or preference. I do not need to give form to the future. Today’s meditation is devoted to active investigation. I feel I have explored this idea enough and get it. I will not allow my beliefs and preferences to color my view of the world, I will just accept things as they are, not giving it form and knowing that my small part and inherent abilities will become ever more evident to me and I will know at the right time how to apply them. I need to keep one foot in Heaven and the other on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen