Step Two Hundred and Fifty-Five


Image found at A Loving Healing Space: "It is not an error that you have been born as a sensitive human being..."
(And the author lives in Boulder, CO)

Step 255. The Errors Of This World Will Not Dissuade Me.
Do not let confusion dissuade you, for all error is born of confusion. Remember that when individuals are without Knowledge, they can only commit error and express their confusion. They can only practice confusion, and they can only serve confusion. This, then, will teach you to value what is valuable and to recognize what is meaningless. This will teach you that you are always in service to that which you value; you are always fortifying that which you value; you are always practicing that which you value.

Now you are learning to value Knowledge. You are learning to practice Knowledge. You are learning to recognize Knowledge. And you are learning to serve Knowledge. This is the demonstration that you require. Do not let the confusion of the world dissuade you, for it reminds you of your great need. How can the errors of the world dissuade you when they should encourage you? Correctly seen, they will only prompt you to give yourself more fully to your preparation now. This preparation in which you are engaged holds the promise of activating Knowledge in you. You need only follow its steps.

You will not find refuge in the world. You have already attempted this, and it has failed you again and again, as it will fail you again and again if you pursue it any further. It is you who must give to the world because it is you who have Knowledge.

Therefore, receive Knowledge this day in your hourly practices and in your deeper practice periods. Do not let the errors of the world dissuade you. Let the errors of the world prompt you and inspire you towards Knowledge, for this is part of the gift of the world to you. The other part of the gift of the world is to be the arena where you allow Knowledge to contribute itself through you. Here the world is blessed and you are blessed. Then, you will be grateful for the errors of the world and for the accomplishments of the world, for one stimulates Knowledge and the other fulfills Knowledge. Therefore, this day learn to think correctly so that your mind may be a useful servant to Knowledge and so that all aspects of yourself may be honored.

Practice 255: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

February 6, 2014 Round One: Remember that when individuals are without Knowledge, they can only commit error and express their confusion. ... Do not let the confusion of the world dissuade you, for it reminds you of your great need.”

This speaks to me in my current dilemma of how to explain to others about the NMFG. The old mode of thinking, the confusion most of the world is in, says that the NMFG is something to be suspicious about, something to deny, scoff at, and reject. Not only that, but if you are one of those embracing it, you need your head seeing to.

But what do they have to offer in return? Most of the world’s thinking is based on error, so why should I feed into this? I do not want to be dissuaded by the confusion of the world. If the world is confused, why should I be? I do not need to be confused, just because most everyone else is. I can stand on my own truth. I have Knowledge, this is true for me, this is the true core of my being. I have found Knowledge, so “It is you who must give to the world because it is you who have Knowledge.” The fact that others may not be in a place to accept this should not dissuade me.

April 18, 2015 Round Two: Errors stimulate Knowledge, this is their value, so they do not dissuade me. This does not condone errors, but since errors are going to be made, no matter what, some value must be gleaned from them. So I allow the errors of the world to prompt and inspire me toward Knowledge. This makes perfect sense.

I understand that this Step is talking about the errors of the world, the errors I see being made around me, not my own errors necessarily. I understand that this Step is asking me not to let the errors I see in the world dissuade me from pursuing Knowledge. On the contrary, the errors I see should spur me on to seek Knowledge, which rectifies errors, which leads away from errors to wholeness and goodness.

March 20, 2019 Round Three: Errors stimulate Knowledge and accomplishments fulfill Knowledge. When someone is without Knowledge, they can only commit error and express their confusion. I am trying to apply this to the situation in the Moscow apartment. Who is committing error and expressing their confusion? I did not foresee any problem, but things should have been ironed out in advance. Now it is too late to do anything about it, but my husband and I are still arguing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen